It is Back to School season already and there are a lot of exciting Back to School deals already.
Back to School shopping season is the best time to shop for school items like school bags, clothing, groceries, laptops, stationery, lunch boxes, etc, as there are a lot of exciting deals and discounts on such items during back to school shopping season. You can find all the back to school deals here.
To make things more exciting, one of the biggest eCommerce store in Nigeria – Jumia – is hosting an essay contest and there are lots of cash prices up for grab.
The contest is for pupils and students in Basic 4 to SS3.
Here is the Contest Details:
- Collection of entries begin on the 7th of August 2017 and ends on the 31st of August 2017 at 11:59pm.
- The Promoter is Jumia (Ecart Internet Services Nigeria Limited).
- The officers, employees and immediate families of officers and employees of the Promoter, the associated companies and contractors of the Promoter, and any other agencies associated with this Competition are ineligible to enter.
- This Competition is ONLY open to pupils and students between Basic 4 to SS3 Classes, who are Nigerian residents attending a government approved school in Nigeria. Entrants must obtain consent in writing from their Parents or Legal Guardians, and include the entrant’s name, age, address, phone number (parent/guardian), school name and address.
- Entrants are expected to send in write ups with a limit of 250 words in MS-Word Format to email@example.com.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a test at the Promoter’s Corporate Office.
- Finalists will be interviewed and a winner selected from each of the following categories:
- Basic 4-6 with a N200,000 cash prize.
- Basic 7-9 with a N300,000 cash prize.
- SS1-3 with a N500,000 cash prize.
- The money prizes awarded are to be used strictly for educational purposes only. The money prize will be given directly to school attended by the winner.
- Entrants may also win consolation prizes such as educational and back to school materials.
- Multiple entries are not permitted.
- The Prizes are not transferable.
- To redeem the Prize, Winners MUST present current and valid identifications matching the name used in the entry and must be willing to have their images taken; such images may be used at any time by the Promoter, for further marketing campaigns.
- The promoter reserves the right to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition and these Terms and Conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the Promoter’s control.
- It is a condition of entry that the Entrant consents to the Promoter using the Entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner of a Prize (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of the Competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products and services, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoters in the Centre(s) or otherwise.
- By entering the Competition, an Entrant releases and indemnifies the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) from and against all actions, liabilities, penalties, claims or demands the Entrant may have against the Promoter or that the Promoter may incur for any loss or damage which is or may be suffered or sustained as a direct or indirect result of an entrant entering or participating in the Competition or winning or failing to win a prize, or using or permitting any other person to use the Prize.
- The Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this Competition, an Entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- The Competition and these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in all respects in accordance with the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- In the event of any dispute, or disagreement between the parties in relation to this Agreement, the Parties shall at first, meet to negotiate in good faith to settle the matter amicably. Where Parties fail to resolve any matter within 21 days, it shall be referred to a sole Arbitrator to be appointed by the parties herein, or in the absence of such agreement, to an Arbitrator appointed by the High Court of Lagos State.
- The provisions of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act (Cap A18) Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004 shall apply to the arbitral proceedings. The decision of an Arbitrator appointed under this clause shall be final except where there is manifest error in law or fact or miscarriage of justice.
You can learn more about the Jumia essay contest here.