Just like Jumia, Konga was equally launched in 2012. Konga online shopping service was launched in Ikeja, Lagos state, and they started out as an online shopping site that cater to people in Lagos city.
The company was founded by Sim Shagaya – a Nigerian entrepreneur and business mogul.
Konga.com only offered merchandise in the Baby, Beauty, and Personal Care categories when they first started but gradually expanded to other merchandise categories through 2012 and 2013, and expanded their service to every part of the country in December 2012 as well.
Now Konga has grown to the point where you can find almost anything on their site, even live goat. 🙂
— Konga (@ShopKonga) August 11, 2016
The online shopping site has expanded to a full market place with many merchant selling different and almost every thing on their platform.
Konga has also won the heart of many Nigerians when it comes to online shopping and they have over 1.6 million followers on Facebook and Twitter combined. Konga have their way with celebrities, with the likes of Don Jazzy, Tiwa Savage and many others celebrities among their numerous brand ambassadors.
Over the years, Konga has won numerous awards which include E-Commerce Provider of the Year Award, Top Startups in Nigeria (2015), Online Retailer of the Year (2014) by Marketing World Awards and many more. [Wekipedia].
Konga Online Shop
Konga primary service is eCommerce service, where you can shop from a wide range of product catalogue and have your orders delivered to your doorstep or to your preferred location.
Konga online store is one of the top visited sites in Nigeria and was said to have crashed one time in the pass as a result of heavy traffic (visitor to the site) coming from their Fall Yakata promo.
Among the popular product categories on Konga online shop are:
- Phones and Tablets
- Home and Office
- Baby, Kids and Toys
- TVs and Electronics
- Health and Beauty
- Watches and Sunglasses
- Games and Consoles and may more.
How to Shop on Konga
Konga online shopping is as easy as it can get and here is a step-by-step guide to shopping on Konga:
1. First you need to visit Konga.com website and login or create an account if you don’t have one already. You can also shop on Kong easily with their mobile app which is available on app stores like Google play store for Android and Apple store for iOS.
2. Once you are in on Konga, you can browse products by categories or use the search box on the site to easily find the item you are looking for.
3. Once you have found the item you are looking for, click the “add to cart” button and you will be automatically taken to you cart.
4. From there you can adjust the quantities you want to buy and proceed to checkout or continue shopping if you want to add more items.
5. On the checkout page is where you enter the address of the place you want the item to be shipped to, select your preferred payment option, apply coupon code to reduce the price of items in your cart if you have one, and as well, review your order.
Quick tip: you can get the latest Konga coupons and promotions here.
6. Once you are done, click the place order button at the bottom of the page to proceed to payment depending on the payment option you choose.
7. After you have made payment (if you choose to pay online or via bank transfer), your order will be processed and shipped to the address you entered.
Payment Options on Konga Online Shop
With Konga online shopping, you have the option to choose the payment method that is most convenient to you from three different payment options and here are they:
- online payment via ATM cards (MasterCard, Verve, and Visa),
- payment via bank transfer (KongaPay) and
- cash/payment on delivery (COD).
Occasionally, Konga do offer some discounts when you pay with KongaPay or with your ATM card.
Some few things to note about Konga Cash on Delivery payment option:
- Cash on Delivery option is not available for all locations.
- Not all merchant offer cash on delivery payment option.
- Cash on Delivery option may not be available if your cart total value is large.
Konga Delivery and Shipping
Konga offer nationwide delivery and they process and ship your order within 24 hours in most cases. Orders within Lagos generally get to their location within 1-3 business days while orders outside Lagos generally get to their intended location with 3-7 business days.
Konga Customer Support
Konga offer a very decent customer support service and they are available to you 24 hours a day and 7 days a week via phone (01-460 5555, 08094605555), email (email@example.com), Facebook chat and via their twitter handle @ShopKonga.
Product Pricing on Konga
One of Konga’s main strength is that they offer most products at a highly competitive price. And just like in the case of Jumia, their marketplace is very competitive which helps to keep product prices low.
Most times, you can shop on Konga with confidence that you are getting your item at the best price.
Konga Online Shopping Deals
From time to time, Konga do run promotions to help attract customers to their store. This helps bring down the prices on Konga online store even lower.
Here on NairaBargain, our primary goal is to provide you with the latest promotion and coupon codes all in one place so that you don’t miss out on any amazing deal. You can visit our Konga Coupon page to find the latest Konga promotions and coupons. You can also find Konga Black Friday deals here for Black Friday shopping on Konga.
Konga doesn’t look like they are slowing down in their quest to give you the best online shopping experience. Hopefully, this article was able to give you an insight of what to expect with Konga online shopping.
If you have shopped on Konga in the pass, help others make intelligent decision about Konga by sharing your Konga online shopping experience and your rating of Konga in the comment below.